Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disorder that primarily affects the joints, causing chronic inflammation. The immune system mistakenly attacks the synovium, the lining of the membranes that surround the joints, leading to joint pain, stiffness, and eventually joint deformity.
How To Help With Your Pain
- Medication Adherence: Take prescribed medications as directed by your healthcare provider to manage symptoms and slow disease progression.
- Regular Exercise: Engage in low-impact exercises, such as swimming or walking, to maintain joint flexibility and strengthen surrounding muscles.
- Joint Protection Techniques: Learn and apply joint protection techniques to reduce strain on affected joints during daily activities.
- Heat and Cold Therapy: Use heat packs or cold compresses to alleviate joint pain and reduce inflammation.
- Balanced Diet: Adopt a balanced diet rich in anti-inflammatory foods, such as fruits, vegetables, and omega-3 fatty acids, to support overall health.
How Lincs Injury Can Help You
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Early detection allows for prompt treatment, helping manage symptoms and potentially slow the progression of the disease.
- Joint Preservation: Professional management can help preserve joint function, reduce pain, and prevent deformities associated with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Customised Treatment Plan: Healthcare professionals can create a personalised treatment plan, which may include medications, physical therapy, and lifestyle modifications to improve the quality of life for individuals with rheumatoid arthritis.