Updated: 20.03.2020- TAKING ONLINE / EMAIL / PHONE APPOINTMENTS ONLY.
COVID-19 Coronavirus facts & advice
As the coronavirus spreads it is important that we all do our part to help halt or delay it and mitigate it’s affects.
I would be extremely grateful if you could read through the below information before your next appointment and inform me immediately if you feel you should cancel or reschedule your appointment. In these circumstances we will not be enforcing our cancellation policy due to coronavirus related issues.
Facts about the virus:
- It is highly contagious and airborne
- It can remain active on various surfaces & clothing for several hours
- The symptoms include:
- Dry Cough
- A High Temperature
- Shortness of Breath
- It has an incubation period of 3 to 12 days (average 5 days) which is why a 14 day quarantine is in place
- The symptoms vary considerably in severity, however the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions are at higher risk.
- Please let us know if you answer yes to any of the following questions:
- Do you any of the above symptoms?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who is known to have the virus or displaying any of the above symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you been to any affected country in the last 14 days (updated list here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/advice-for-travellers/)
- If the answer is yes to any of the above please let me know immediately and I will decide if your session needs to be deferred/rescheduled. I also suggest you contact the NHS 111 service for advice who will recommend whether you should follow the self-isolation protocol.